If you rent out a property then you’re responsible for the safety of your tenants. We’re here to help you do that.
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years. For more information, visit the Gas Safe Register’s dedicated page.
How we can help
Pipe Dreams Plumbing and Heating engineers are fully Gas Safe Registered and based in Woking, so we can help you with Landlord’s Gas Safety certificates across this part of Surrey.
We can talk you through the process and offer you a flat fee of £80 + VAT to issue your Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate.
We also offer a combined boiler service and gas safety certificate for £130 + VAT.
For more details on our fully transparent pricing and free quotation service, visit our prices page.
- We use electronic systems to record the information that we collect when performing our checks. This means that we can email you a copy of the forms on completion of the Gas Safety Certificate
- We store the certificates for a number of years so that you know that you’re covered.
- We’ll issue you with a reminder each year so that you can rest easy knowing that you won’t forget.